The nutrition industry is massive. In the United States alone, supplement companies supply citizens with nearly 384,000 jobs, and worldwide, there are millions of jobs in creation.
United States consumers do not merely buy nutrition products from United States providers, however, and the purchase of supplements from shady or mysterious buyers on platforms like Amazon Prime and Wish has made many American consumers wary.
The good news? Not all vitamin and nutrition suppliers are trying to pull a fast one on their customers. Many nutrition companies, like Herbalife Nutrition, disclose the full ingredients in their products. Transparency helps the consumer and the company, which is why domestic and well-known nutrition companies have made a concerted effort in recent years.
Herbalife’s ingredients are made and processed differently than any other product on the market. Here is a little more about their products and how they are made.
How Herbalife Nutrition Products Are Made
Herbalife Nutrition is one of the most renowned nutritional companies in the world, and the company takes its commitment to provide its customers with wholesome, nutritious food seriously. To support this belief with direct action, Herbalife Nutrition created its Seed to Feed commitment.
The Seed to Feed commitment ensures their customers that Herbalife ingredients are safe, grown responsibly—and with the help of trusted farmers—processed well, and that the claims made by the products are supported by science.
The beginning of the cycle is closely monitored, from planting to harvesting. Having a working relationship with the farms that supply Herbalife Nutrition allows the company an unprecedented amount of accuracy with regards to product traceability.
After the base ingredients are harvested, they are shipped off to different sites domestically and globally for quality control.
The global element of the quality control portion means that all Herbalife Nutrition products will be of the same quality, regardless of where you purchase them in the world.
Then comes the testing, which happens five times throughout the production of the final product to ensure all products are exactly what they claim them to be. Then, when these ingredients have passed quality control, they are distributed. All are stored and shipped in secure warehouses and vehicles.
Herbalife Nutrition Meal Replacements and Protein Powders
Herbalife Nutrition is known for a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. Its meal replacements and protein powders are among the products they sell, which support goals such as weight loss, weight gain, or maintaining a healthy weight.
These meal replacements come in a variety of different flavors, textures, and for various diets.
Protein Drink Mixes
Herbalife Nutrition’s Protein Drink Mixes (PDM) have a variety of flavors, including:
- The Vanilla PDM includes artificial vanilla sugar flavor, natural vanilla custard flavor, natural creamy vanilla flavor, artificial butter vanilla flavor, and salt, which balances the sweetness.
- The Chocolate PDM includes chocolate fudge flavor, natural and artificial chocolate flavor, artificial butter vanilla flavor, natural cocoa butter flavor, and low-fat cocoa powder.
- The Peanut Cookie PDM gets its flavor from artificial peanut butter flavor and natural French vanilla flavor.
The color of the drinks is a part of the experience, as well. These colors come from natural sources, like sugar and cocoa powder, and the vanilla flavored protein drink is colored using turmeric extract. The chocolate gains its characteristic color from the low-fat cocoa powder. Finally, the peanut cookie color comes from natural caramel coloring.
Of course, like other foods and drinks, Herbalife Nutrition protein drink mixes will have a texture. The texture will vary, depending upon the flavor you purchase.
- Vanilla & Chocolate both use xanthan gum, guar gum powder, non-dairy creamer, maltodextrin, and lecithin powder to ensure proper consistency. Xanthan gum is a thickening agent that prevents ingredient separation. It is natural and made from simple fermented sugars. Guar gum powder is a thickener made from guar beans. The non-dairy creamer achieves a dairy-like consistency that is suitable for non-lactose diets. Maltodextrin is simply a carbohydrate, and lecithin powder acts as an emulsifier. All these together create the creamy experience you expect from a shake.
- Peanut Cookie uses soy protein, non-dairy creamer, calcium caseinate, maltodextrin, guar gum powder, and xanthan gum. The soy protein provides a different texture than non-soy protein, while also providing the benefits of protein. Calcium caseinate adds calcium to the mixture while simultaneously stabilizing the ingredients.
Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mixes
Nutritional shakes are a perfect way to satisfy your body with a quick but nutritious meal. Herbalife Nutrition’s Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake is an endlessly customizable mix of protein, carbs, and fiber, which fills you up and offers delicious flavors without sacrificing the nutrition contained within it.
This mix is designed to be combined with eight ounces of non-fat milk, and it contains soy protein and other muscle-building ingredients. Additionally, beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E offer antioxidant benefits.
Some of the perks of this nutritional meal replacement shake? Like other Herbalife ingredients, it is designed to taste incredible while also providing important nutrients. The shake itself is approximately 170 calories if prepared with the suggested ingredients.
However, unlike other meal replacement shakes, the addition of many vitamins and minerals means the body never misses out on the nutrients it needs. Additionally, soy protein is a healthy, sustainable source of plant-based protein.
The most impressive part of the Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake is that it packs in as much nutrition as eating half of your daily recommended food groups. Drink one serving of the shake to get 18 grams of protein, 350 milligrams of cheese, 3 grams of fiber, 15 milligrams of vitamin C, and more.
In case you don’t feel like having a full meal replacement or a protein shake, Herbalife Nutrition still offers a way to fill flavor cravings while feeding your body right.
The Herbalife Nutrition Beverage Mix contains protein—15 grams to be exact—without too many calories. Animal protein in the form of gelatin gives the drink its thick, creamy flavor as well as protein. When made as directed, the beverage mix is seventy calories.
Herbalife ingredients, as always, are made to amplify and satisfy the person consuming them. Color, texture, and flavor are all integral parts of the equation. The Herbalife Nutrition beverage mix comes in two flavors, Peach Mango and Mixed Berry.
- To craft the Peach Mango taste, the beverage mix includes natural cream flavor, natural mango flavor, and natural and artificial peach flavor. To amplify those flavors, Herbalife added citric acid, which is a natural fruit derivative used to enhance flavor, and malic acid, which gives the beverage a distinctive tartness.
- The Wild Berry flavor is complex, including natural lemon juice flavor and natural punch flavor, as well as malic and citric acids to enhance the flavors.
Like Herbalife Nutrition’s other products, the color is important. Herbalife continues to use natural coloration in this drink mix, including beet juice powder and turmeric extract. The Wild Berry flavoring also uses canthaxanthin for color, which is an antioxidant derived from fruit.
Herbalife Nutrition’s Select Line
To give consumers more options, Herbalife Nutrition created the Select line, which includes the Select Protein Drink Mix, Formula 1 Select, and Pro 20 Select.
These products are friendly to vegetarians, those with diabetic needs, those who follow a Kosher diet, and those who follow a gluten-free diet. Plus, it provides a GM-free meal replacement.
To achieve a low-glycemic index, Herbalife Nutrition Select features stevia leaf extract and fructose powder rather than sugar. It still has the same natural vanilla and cream flavorings, as well as a non-dairy cream concentrate to boost flavor.
It’s also packed with healthy ingredients that provide you with the same fiber, nutrients, and protein. Alternative proteins, like pea, rice, and quinoa, provide a thick texture and protein, as well as an energy boost.
The Select line is a great option for those who are sensitive to soy but are looking to incorporate more plant-based proteins into their diets.
Herbalife Nutrition Teas
Herbalife Nutrition proudly sources its ingredients from a trusted network of farmers who have cultivated quality ingredients for many generations. Herbalife Nutrition’s teas are sourced from the Hunan Province of China, one of the oldest most fertile tea-farming regions.
They are then shipped to quality processing centers and tested for quality standards, just like the rest of its ingredients. Herbalife Nutrition understands the importance of hydration and the value of providing consumers with healthier options in the market.
For those trying to cut out soda and juice consumption from their diet, tea offers a great way to stay hydrated while cutting down on sugar and empty calories. Additionally, tea is packed with antioxidants, which can help fight free radicals as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Herbalife Nutrition’s teas offer different benefits with all the flavors you would expect from quality teas.
- Perhaps one of the most popular teas, their instant Green Tea contains, 25 milligrams of healthy caffeine. Widely known to prevent free-radical damage, green tea also has a delicious, light, earthy flavor. Their green tea also comes in pomegranate flavor. It is calorie-free, naturally sweetened, and can be enjoyed hot or cold up to three times per day.
- Herbalife Nutrition’s Herbal Tea Concentrate is great for an energy boost. Each serving contains 85 milligrams of caffeine with low calories. Its delicious natural flavors are partially derived from a blend of green and orange pekoe teas. This tea can be enjoyed hot or cold up to two times per day. The best part? It has multiple flavors, including apple chamomile, chai, cinnamon, lemon, orange spice, original, peach, and raspberry. This tea is available in both bottles and packets.
- N-R-G (short for Nature’s Raw Guarana) is an Herbalife Nutrition instant tea original. It contains orange pekoe tea and guarana—and zero calories! This tea is for people who need a little mental boost and contains a lower level of caffeine, perfect for a midday pick-me-up. N-R-G tea comes in original, green apple, and tropical flavors.
- In India, the regional Afresh tea is available in flavors like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, lemon, and peach.
Herbalife Nutrition’s Herbal Aloe
Aloe vera has gained popularity over the past few decades. While it has its use as a topical relief for sunburn, it has not been used to its full potential across much of the world.
But there are many different types of aloe, and if you live near Mexico and other Central American countries, you’ve likely experienced aloe for sale. Many cultures consume aloe vera for healthy digestion and stomach-soothing—and Herbalife Nutrition has developed a product that fully encompasses the benefits of aloe vera.
Aloe vera works well to soothe an upset stomach, indigestion, and IBS symptoms. Additionally, it can help with nutrient absorption over time, and when your body is properly absorbing ingredients, it’s better able to support itself.
So, it is easy to see why Herbalife Nutrition would want to make it part of its product offerings. Taste-wise, aloe vera is refreshing and crisp and is good for those looking for low calorie and unsweetened drinks.
Herbalife Nutrition produces aloe products such as Herbal Aloe Concentrate and Aloe Ready-to-Drink.
With all the supplements available on the market, it can be hard to choose the right ones for daily nutrition. When in doubt, it is important to remember that companies with transparent production, sourcing, and growing practices are always going to be your best bet. Herbalife Nutrition is clear about its process.
So, if you are looking to get into a healthy, active lifestyle with the help of nutritional products, you can learn more at IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com.