The development of the medical field does not stop, especially today. This year, the factor of global pandemics has placed an additional burden on healthcare and raised the profile of the quality of medical services.
In the new realities, most medical organizations lack experience with healthcare software solutions. Thus, healthcare development services. In this material, we will consider the main features of software development for healthcare, as well as trends in the development of medical software.
Core Features of Healthcare Software Development
So, let’s find out what aspects should be given maximum attention when developing healthcare software.
- navigation menu. When it comes to healthcare software, it is important to understand that older people, people with disabilities, and people who are not currently in the best physical condition can use them. Your task at the same time is to ensure the minimum number of steps to complete the target action – whether it is a simple view of blood pressure or a call from an ambulance application.
- interface. The same applies to intuitiveness: even a new user should be able to get to the desired function of the application in 1-3 steps without any tutorials. To do this, you can use the mega-menu, tooltips, infinite scroll, interactive windows, advanced search, and other “chips” of modern mobile design.
- personalization. Belonging to such a special niche as healthcare simply does not allow the application to be left without a form in which the user will store their health parameters (age, weight, height, etc.). This will help to personalize the approach to your software for each specific user and, thereby, increase its effectiveness for various groups of the target audience.
- mechanisms to ensure data security. Of course, all data stored about the health of the user must be completely secure and be classified. To do this, we strongly recommend that you take care of the possibility in the registration application through your social network profile. This is implemented through the appropriate APIs (the fact is that the best minds of the IT world worked on their creation, so the presence of vulnerabilities in the registration forms provided through these web services is minimal).
- Push notifications. The option of sending push notifications will help you implement a “reminder” in your application that will tell the user when to take medication (this is especially important for insulin-dependent diabetics) or, for example, measure pulse, pressure, blood sugar,
- etc. . Yes, yes, sometimes it is precisely such a function as geolocation that can save a person’s life. If your application provides the ability to immediately call an ambulance, you can use the API to determine the user’s current location so that he, even without being able to speak and something clearly to explain, I could call the doctors to the scene with just one press of a button.
Digital Health Trends for 2022
Now we offer you to get acquainted with the most promising technological trends that can be used in your future healthcare software.
Telemedicine, or remote medical consultation, is one of the fastest-growing segments of healthcare. This solution is especially required in cases where distance and time are critical factors for the provision of medical care.
Unfortunately, today solutions that exploit the complex of telemedicine technologies are common only in progressive countries, since they usually involve the use of extremely expensive, cutting-edge medical technology. equipment. However, we still hope that as mobile solutions become popular and AI-based platforms improve, it will soon be possible in countries with less developed economies to come to a village, go to an outpatient clinic and get in touch with the best professors in the country, simply using a regular smartphone.
Voice search is something that can sometimes win a chance for a patient to live. Now many smartphones are activated using voice commands, so it would be nice if similar technological solutions were also available within healthcare mobile apps (in particular, so that the user could call an ambulance without hands).
AI and Predictive Analysis
Artificial intelligence, having appeared in software solutions just a couple of years ago, made a lot of noise in the IT world. Initially, AI-based solutions performed rather primitive tasks in which it had to identify pictures of cupcakes and pictures of chihuahuas). However, every year platforms designed for self-learning gain more and more knowledge, including from the world of medicine. And this means that today they, without outside help, determine serious diseases, moreover, in the early stages, when conventional medicine is practically powerless.
The good news is the fact that to use such products in their developments, programmers do not need to master the basics of medicine from scratch. So, today there are AI platforms that have already been independently trained for several years and contain all the necessary knowledge to make the most accurate diagnosis.
Thus, AI-based solutions in healthcare can not only optimize and rationalize the activities of physicians but also increase the accuracy of medical reports to a record 99 percent.
Internet of Things
As you may know, many diseases in our time require monitoring by doctors 24/7. This applies mainly to heart disease, as well as critical conditions caused by serious injuries, burns, poisoning, etc. For these purposes, special trackers are used in medicine to help track important indicators of the state of the patient’s internal organs.
Many medical centers are deploying global IoT-based software solutions that provide central control for all tracker devices.
Taking a step further, such software can be extrapolated to patients who stay outside the medical center (that is, their tracker device must be connected not to a local network, but a global one). Theoretically, such applications could save the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients suffering from heart failure, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, and other diseases that do not require a permanent stay in the hospital.
Let’s summarize. As you already understood, healthcare development is extremely promising for developers, as more and more people are becoming seriously concerned about their health these days. If you want to get a cool application that will not be equal in its niche, you should find a quality healthcare development service. As a result, you will receive a software product that will please you not only with a non-standard approach to your implementation but also with the lowest possible budget (both monetary and temporary).