There are times when you have stuck to your diet for the most part of your day but as soon as the sun sets, you somehow give in to your cravings. It happens to the most of us! And since we tend to have a heavy dinner that too very late, we end up sabotaging your weight loss goals.
Also, protein is good for you, but too much of it is potentially harmful to you especially animal protein. So what I need to stick to a more plant-based diet after sun-down and you will be elated to see the next time you are weighing machine.
The GM diet plan is a good start, to begin with, which is sure to bring you closer to your weight loss goals. But right after those seven days is where the real test begins.
People have this misconception that there is very few food option vegetarian options, and since there are so few you hardly have the inclination to explore those food options. But that’s not true at all there are many vegetarian food options which can not only keep your hunger pangs at bay but also fulfill your nutrient needs sufficiently. Why to go green if that’s your question, read more to find out the myriad benefits of vegetarian foods.
- You will keep diseases at bay- A vegetarian diet is full of nutrients and anti-oxidants and helps you to give diseases a wide berth.
- Keeps your weight down- Stick to a plant-based diet and you will soon be able to shed the excess weight and keep it that way.
- You will increase your lifespan- The best reason to turn vegetarian. You will stay away from saturated fat and so you will save your arteries from getting clogged, and boost your immune system as well.
- You will avoid toxic chemicals- The meat, fish and other animal products are full of toxins and carcinogens, steroids and hormones which do a lot of harm to your body. So avoiding animal products can help you avoid these harmful toxins.
A Few Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
A few lifestyle changes can go a long way in helping you shed the weight and keep you healthy in the long run. As Sir Paul McCartney sums it all up,
“If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That’s the single most important thing you could do. It’s staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty.“
So if you are convinced now let’s explore some vegetarian dinner options which would help you to keep the weight off with ease and surprisingly you will also feel full stopping you from bingeing later, Remember you need to finish your dinner three hours before your you press the snooze button and call it a day.
Bajra aloo rotis:
A lot has been written about the benefits of millets, not only are they full of nutrients, some of the best health benefits of millet are it protects your heart health, helps keep diabetes at bay, improves your digestive system, reduces your cancer risk, detoxifies the body, boosts respiratory health, optimizes your immune system, increases your energy levels, and also improves your muscle and nerve health.
2 cups fresh ground bar or millet flour
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
5 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
½ cup onions cut fine
2 green chilies ground fine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ginger freshly ground
½ teaspoon amchur
Salt to taste
- Knead the Baja flour into a pliable dough along with all the ingredients.
- Heat a nonstick away.
- Roll out the dough into roles, and cook on each side till done.
- Serve hot with non-dairy yogurt.
If you are trying to lose weight then you must include oats, in your diet. It makes you feel full for longer and hence you are less likely to go food hunting for those unhealthy nightly snacks.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 clove (minced)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper powder – a pinch
- Water- 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Cilantro – for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, green chili, and garlic till they begin to sweat.
- Now add the oats and fry along with it for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and water and let it come to a boil.
- Now add the milk and pepper powder to it and bring to a boil. Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with cilantro or green onions. Serve to pipe hot with a slice of bread.
Carrot orange recipe:
Carrots are full of antioxidant and add to that the goodness of oranges and you have a perfect healthy recipe to have for dinner.
Hung curd -3/4 cup
Carrot – 3/4 cup grated finely
Orange segments -1/2 cup
Orange juice -1/4 cup
Dates finely chopped -1/4 cup
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together, add salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Chill for an hour and serve.
Try this weight loss diet and recipes for dinner and watch the pounds melt away. A few tips and tricks and you are soon to reach your goal weight really soon.