As most people are well aware, smoking is a habit that is associated with many different problems. While it may have been deemed trendy, social and even harmless in decades gone by, these days it has become positively antisocial, extremely harmful and is banned in many public places. Also, the vast cost of smoking can be crippling for people, with the price of cigarettes rising on a regular basis.
However, the most worrying thing associated with smoking is the risk of serious and even fatal diseases such as cancer, coronary heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary, disease (COPD) or stroke, which is why many people are keen to give up.
If you are looking to quit naturally, you will find a range of different methods that can help you. It is also more beneficial when you find natural ways to quit smoking. Of course, as any smoker or ex-smoker will know, quitting smoking is not an easy task. However, with perseverance and determination it can be done, and you can succeed for yourself and your loved ones.
Quitting naturally and enjoying the benefits
Many people are keen to learn how to quit smoking, and there are many tools and resources that they can turn to. When you stop smoking cigarettes, you will be better off in terms of health, finances, and overall quality of life. Some of the benefits of taking the natural route include:
- You can save money: We all know that buying cigarettes costs a vast amount of money for regular smokers. However, it can often cost a lot if you purchase alternatives to help you quit. In some cases, people use these products and pay money for them and then continue smoking and spending money on cigarettes, so they are essentially spending even more than they would have been spending before.
- You have greater control: Often, people who use replacements and alternatives to help them to quit smoking end up relying on them to stop them. However, no product will actually prevent you from smoking unless you genuinely want to stop. If you do, the natural method is the best one to take, as you then have control over the situation rather than being reliant on the alternative.
- Feeling real freedom: Stopping smoking is the best gift you can give to yourself. You will be able to plan your day, drive, go to public places, enjoy dinner in a nice restaurant or cherish time with your loved ones without having to think about your next craving. The lack of addiction will give you a strong sense of freedom. If you quit smoking tobacco by using nicotine substitutes, then you won’t be able to get this freedom back as you would still be addicted to different forms of nicotine. By stopping naturally, you will be free.
- You are healthier: Smoking cigarettes is extremely harmful to your health. In fact, tobacco is the number one cause of death in most countries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report sheet, each year in the United States cigarettes cause more deaths than HIV, car and bike accidents, overdose from illegal drugs, alcohol and guns combined. Therefore, the point of kicking this habit is to be healthier and live longer. Using products that contain nicotine such as vaping (electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes) patches, gums, lozenges or inhalers does not necessarily promote healthy living. These methods are better than tobacco, but not entirely healthy. However, quitting naturally will cause you to feel and look full of vitality, energy, and life.
- Plenty of resources available: When it comes to quitting smoking naturally, there are many different tools and resources that you can turn to in order to get help. You can attend quit smoking classes, turn to support groups for those looking to kick the habit, read blogs or sign up for a smoking cessation program that can provide you with help and support. So, you know that you won’t be on your own and you can even get your friends and family to support you. If you live with other smokers or your best friend is smoking, then it’s best if you plan to quit smoking cigarettes together and sign up for the same program or group. That way you will be able to go through this together and keep each other accountable which will increase your chances of success.
- Less likely to restart: When you go through the hard work and time involved in giving up smoking without having to turn to alternatives, you are less likely to return to smoking. Alternatives can often be considered the temporary route, which means that people may be more likely to start smoking again because of the reduced effort they had to put in to quit. Also, using medication that contains nicotine means not kicking your addiction; just replacing it with a new one that’s even less satisfying. When you have nicotine in your system, it’s easier to start smoking cigarettes again if you find yourself in a stressful situation or a place with other smokers. If you are nicotine free, it is easier to keep your resolve and never smoke another cigarette again.
Smoking is an addiction that harms your health, mood, confidence, finances and social life. At the same time, it can be hard to overcome it permanently. As soon as you decide that you want to be smoke-free, choose to do it naturally.
That way, you will enjoy additional benefits to those you will gain just by giving up this habit. To be precise, quitting smoking naturally will help you save money, it will put you in control of your recovery and your life, you will be healthier and more independent than ever, your chances of relapsing will be minimal, and you will have many choices and method available to help you succeed.
Once you have managed to kick the habit, you will be able to enjoy a whole new, healthier lifestyle.