Summer is right around the corner. People start to prepare for more active life, longer daylight hours and more time outdoors – swimming, hiking, camping and spending more time exploring the nature with their pets.
Additionally, summer is a popular time for vacations and travel, which can also increase activity levels. In contrast, winter weather often limits outdoor activities and can lead to more sedentary indoor activities. While activity levels can vary depending on individual preferences and circumstances
With so many opportunities planned in people’s calendars, we’ve put together a couple of ideas of how to prepare for the warm summer months to enjoy them even more!
- Get in shape – if you want to get in shape for summer, start by setting realistic fitness goals and creating a workout plan. You can also focus on eating a balanced and healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, and getting enough sleep.
- Protect your skin – summer means more time outdoors, so it’s important to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30, wear protective clothing and a hat, and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun during peak hours (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Before the summer starts, shop your favourite skincare products!
- Stay hydrated – it’s important to stay hydrated during the summer months, especially if you’re spending time outdoors. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and avoid sugary drinks and alcohol.
- Plan your summer activities – make a list of the things you want to do during the summer, whether it’s traveling, trying new outdoor activities, or spending time with friends and family. Plan ahead so you can make the most of your summer.
- Get organized – summer can be a busy time, so get organized and plan ahead. Create a schedule or calendar to keep track of your activities, appointments, and deadlines.
- Update your wardrobe – summer means warmer weather, so it’s a good time to update your wardrobe with lighter and brighter clothes. Look for comfortable and breathable fabrics that will keep you cool.
- Prepare your cats & dogs – grooming, maybe deworming, buying various toys and other things you need in order to spend time outdoors with your pets. It’s a good idea to start early, this way, once the warm days are here you can start enjoying them right away.
Once everything is ready, you are good to enjoy arguably the most fun time of the year! Now it is time to shift the gears to the summer routine! Warm summer months give us unique opportunities to enjoy life and activities that are often impossible in the winter.
Here is a couple of summer routine ideas to enjoy.
- Start your day with a refreshing workout – take advantage of the warmer weather and start your day with a refreshing workout, such as a morning run, yoga session, or a swim. This will boost your energy and will help you get in shape. Sports is good, so consider starting a fitness routine!
- Enjoy breakfast outside – unique summertime activity! Take your breakfast outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. You can have a picnic in the park, enjoy a cup of coffee on your porch, or even have breakfast at the beach.
- Spend time in nature – summer is a great time to explore the great outdoors. Go for a hike, take a bike ride, or go camping with your friends or family. Make a list of outdoor activities you want to try or revisit during the summer, such as hiking, swimming, or attending outdoor concerts or festivals.
- Learn a new skill – use your free time during the summer to learn a new skill or hobby, such as photography, cooking, or painting.
- Stay hydrated – as temperatures rise, it is especially important in the summertime to adjust yourdaily routine to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and other fluids.
- Attend outdoor concerts or events – summer is the perfect time to attend outdoor concerts, festivals, and events. Check out your local listings to see what’s happening in your area.
- Spend more time with your pets – cats and dogs really love the summer. This opens up the whole other world for them – trees, smells, and just warm weather to spend more time in the park. So plan you r summer routine in a way that will allow you to spend more time with your pets!
Finally, relax, unwind & enjoy your summertime! Summers don’t last forever and at some point the winter will come back. So don’t forget to take some time to relax and unwind. Spend a lazy afternoon reading a book, taking a nap, or just enjoying the beautiful summer weather.