Simply stated, it is the matter of life and death when we talk about heart ailments. Our heart is the most crucial organ of our body and our life depends on the proper functioning of this organ, thus it is necessary to take utmost care of it.
It’s a fact that the most amount of death in the world occurs due to heart diseases. Getting timely treatment can help save you or your loved one. Luckily, for any major cardiac ailment, you can visit the best heart hospital in India as it is well versed in providing top-quality treatments.
Also, consulting the best cardiologist in India will help you as they are highly qualified and have the experience and expertise to treat the most complicated cases with ease and positive outcome.
Every day, thousands of people be it an adult or a child are going under the knife to correct their heart problems. As you see, there are several ailments which fall under heart diseases like heart failure, heart attack, mitral valve prolapse, coronary heart disease, aneurysm, congenital heart defects and much more.
Why choose heart hospital in India?
There is no doubt about it that India has developed into a haven for medical treatment especially for cancer and heart surgery in India.
- You will surely agree that India has the top doctors in the world be it an oncologist, neurologist or the best cardiologist in India. They are highly professional, have been trained by the best, have global exposure and are experienced in treating the most sensitive and critical cases.
- Apart from this, there are several world-class heart hospitals in India having state of art infrastructure, sophisticated diagnostic facilities and dedicated staff.
- Even better, the heart surgery cost in India is a way to less than the developed countries. This is one of the most important reasons why patients from all over the globe come here for treatment. A bypass surgery in India will cost you around $5500 which is a lot less than the developed countries. No wonder patients come here for their cardiac surgeries as they save quite a bit of money.
- However, let’s make it clear that low surgery cost in no ways means sub-standard treatment. India is known to provide top medical treatment and the success rate for heart surgeries in India is very high.
- There is no waiting period in India for getting your surgery done as compared to the USA where you will have to wait for several weeks or months to get your surgery done.
- Another plus point is the added expense of accommodation, meals, and transport is highly reasonable.
- Language is not an issue as English is widely spoken
Different types of heart surgeries in India
As mentioned earlier there are many types of heart diseases and complications that need urgent medical intervention as it can prove fatal and may cost you your life.
Choosing the best heart hospital in India for your specific treatment is very crucial and you need to take a proper researched decision as it is the matter of your heart.
Most heart hospitals all over India and more so in the urban areas are well-equipped to provide a wide spectrum of treatments and have the necessary infrastructure to handle the emergency and complex case.
Indian hospitals have been successful in providing various heart surgeries, some of which are stated below:
Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR) – When the patient is suffering from regular severe chest pain, this is one of the Cardiac Surgical Procedure carried on. In this surgery a high powered CO2 laser is used, this laser makes a small incision on the left side of the chest which connects to the pumping chamber of the heart. It is one of the alternatives to bypass surgery.
Heart valve repair or replacement – This surgery fixes the issues related to the valve (leaflet) where they either have a problem of not opening wide due to which the blood flow is affected or there is an issue in not closing tightly which can cause the blood to leak backward in the heart. The surgeon can either repair the valve or replace it according to the severity of the problem.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) – This is the most common heart surgery where the coronary arteries narrow down due to plaque build-up and this affects the blood supply to the muscles of the heart. This can cause a heart attack or angina. An artery or vein from another part of the body is grafted in place of the affected artery so that blood can freely flow to the heart muscles.
Arrhythmia Treatment – This surgery helps to normalize the irregular heartbeats as it can be life-threatening in some cases. A pacemaker is placed which sends electric signals to control the heartbeats.
Aneurysm Repair – Aneurysm surgery is a surgery to repair swelling of Aorta (main Vein of the body which supplies oxygenated blood). In this surgery, the week section of the vessel is replaced with an artificial tube called as Graft. During Aneurysm surgery, Heart-Lung machine is used so as there is a continuation of the blood & oxygen throughout the body.
Heart Transplant – When a patient is at the end stage of heart disease, it becomes necessary to undergo heart Transplant surgery. During this surgery, the patient is attached to Heart-Lung Machine, so as there is a continuation of blood in the body. The Cardiologist makes an incision in the chest & separate the bone of the chest & opens the rib cage. Then the cardiologist replaces the damaged heart with donor’s heart.
Side Effects of Heart Surgery
Even though the success rate of Heart surgery in India is more than 97% which is more than other countries, a patient still can have some of the Side effects. The following are some of the Side Effects of the Heart Surgery.
- Swelling of Body Parts.
- Pain in Muscles.
- Pain in Chest.
- Mood Swings.
- Loss of Appetite.
A way to Live Healthy Lifestyle
In Order to live a healthy lifestyle, one should avoid the following things.
- You should avoid smoking.
- Maintain a healthy Diet including Whole grains & vegetables.
- Avoid having Stress.
- Maintain Regular Exercise.
- Eat foods with less amount of Salt.
- Consume good Cholesterol.
To conclude, we would like to mention that India is a right place for all your medical issues related to the heart as you are assured of ethical practice and transparency in payments.