Detoxification is the process of clearing toxins from the body; it resets, cleanses, and nourishes the body inside out. This process protects one from diseases and increases lifespan and boosts overall health.
Detoxification affects all parts of the body; it purifies the blood, liver, kidneys, lungs, skin, intestines, and lymphatic system. When the body is properly and regularly detoxified; the quality of life and youthful energy will be restored.
If you have any of these symptoms without a cause; then know that you need to detoxify your body. The symptoms are persistent fatigue that cannot be explained, slow elimination of wastes, mental confusion, allergies, skin problems, bloating, constipation, indigestion, poor digestion, low-grade infection, puffy eyes, menstruation problems, and weak immunity.
Note that detoxification should be done regularly because toxins don’t go on a break; they are actively looking for ways to invade our bodies. Detoxification is important; it addresses the needs of the cells. Below are some of the potent ways to detoxify your body.
How to start detoxifying your body?
First, you have to eliminate unhealthy foods from your diet; you have to give up alcohol, cigarettes and tobacco products, refined sugars, processed foods, saturated fats and stop indiscriminate use of both prescription and non-prescription drugs.
Make healthy and organic foods your main meals; drink lots of clean water daily and include herbs regularly in your dishes. Take lots of fruits and vegetables, homemade fruit juices, smoothies, and herbal teas regularly.
Also switch to natural detergents, body soaps, toothpaste, shampoos, cosmetics, shampoos, and skincare products; the ones made with chemicals are toxic and cause health problems.
You also need to engage in mild exercises for at least 30 minutes a day; this will encourage sweating, relieve stress and aid the detoxification process.
You also need to reduce the amount of stress you go through; stress affects the body negatively and it can make the detoxification process slow, it triggers the body to release large amounts of adrenalin and this will the actions of the detoxification enzymes that are located in the liver.
How to Detoxify your Body Daily?
There are healthy foods you can take on a daily basis to help detoxify your body and keep it clean; there can be eaten raw; used to make fruit juices, smoothies or herbal tea. Below are some powerful detoxifying fruits.
- Drink lots of water daily; it helps the elimination of toxins easier and faster. Make sure the water is clean and free of chemicals.
- Apples: The old saying goes “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”; apples can detoxify the body of heavy metals and food additives. Its rich content of pectin/fiber makes it effective in doing so. You can take apples, homemade apple juice or anyhow you want to take your organic apple.
- Fennel: It protects the liver from toxins and eliminates them from the body.
- Wheatgrass: This powerful herb makes the body alkaline; it detoxifies the liver and the body in general. Blend fresh wheatgrass and take the smoothie daily.
- Artichokes: This herb detoxifies the liver and increases the production of bile; take lots of artichokes daily.
- Watercress: This herb is a low-calorie food and it has potent cleansing properties; it aids the release of enzymes in the liver that eliminates wastes and toxic buildup.
- Asparagus: This herb is great for relieving stress, preventing a hangover; and it is also a natural diuretic that helps in draining the liver and thereby detoxifying it.
- Walnuts: This nut not only protects the brain and boosts its functions; it also detoxifies the liver and body of ammonia due to its rich content of arginine and glutathione.
- Avocados: Are rich in glutathione; this help to get rid of synthetic chemicals and harmful toxins. Eat lots of avocados daily.
- Turmeric: Ayurveda medicine has used turmeric for centuries to detoxify the liver and digestive system; this improves overall health and reverses digestive problems and disorders. You can take turmeric tea daily.
- Holy Basil: Also referred to as the “queen of herbs”; it aids the metabolic breakdown of toxic substances and makes it easy for the body to eliminate them.
It also purifies the blood and eliminates chemicals from the body. Add the leaves to your soups and meals and you make smoothies with them.
- Spinach: These green leaves are rich in glutathione; this increases the levels of antioxidants in your body and thereby eliminates toxins fast.
The antioxidants also stop the formation of free radicals; these are toxins that cause oxidative damage and oxidative stress, this is behind rapid aging and cancer.
- Beetroots: Red beets are rich in phytochemicals that purify the blood and cleanse the entire body. Take a glass of beet juice daily to get rid of toxins in your body.
- Pineapples: This sweet summer fruit is rich in Bromelain; this enzyme cleanses the colon and it boosts the amount of vitamin C in the body.
- Brazil nuts: These nuts are rich in selenium; they help to eliminate mercury from the body. Take six to 8 nuts a day.
- Parsley: This is a diuretic herb that helps the body eliminate toxins; take these leaves daily, you can take it in the form of tea.
- Broccoli: This wonderful leave is rich in glutathione; it cleanses the liver and body from toxins, it boosts overall health and lengthens lifespan.
- Onions: Are rich in sulfur, it detoxifies the liver and relieves the burden on the organ.
- Brussels sprouts: This can effectively remove toxins from the blood and purify it due to their high sulfur content.
- Healthy, organic oils: Like olive, hemp, coconut, and flaxseed oils; they suck up harmful toxins and eliminates them from the body.
- Cabbage: This is rich in sulfur and it stimulates two vital liver enzymes to detoxify the body.
- Lemons: They convert harmful toxins to water-soluble form so that the body can easily excrete them. Take lemon juice or lemon water daily.
- Carrots: Are rich in glutathione, beta-carotene, and other vital nutrients that detoxify the body. Take carrot juice daily.
- Kale: Boosts the entire detoxification of the whole system.
- Cauliflower: They help to produce enzymes that flush out toxins and carcinogens from the body.
- Ginger: This powerful root boosts metabolism and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Cilantro: Also called coriander; this herb helps to eliminate mercury and other heavy metals from the body.
- Garlic: It is loaded with sulfur which helps to detoxify the body of heavy metals and toxins.
- Collard greens: Have powerful cleansing properties.
- Flaxseeds: These seeds are rich in fiber that helps in binding to toxins and flushing it out of the body.
- Dandelions: They clear the liver of toxins; they purify the blood and the root tea has been taken to rid the liver and entire body of toxins.
How to detoxify your body weekly?
- Fasting: fasting at least once a week can help you to eliminate toxins from your body; you can consume only water or homemade fruit juices and sweeteners without sugar or artificial sweeteners.
This would give your digestive system a break and help it rejuvenate itself; it increases energy and boosts overall health.
- Sauna: This helps one to sweat out toxins; it is very effective and it is fast acting. Do this at least once every week. This has even helped smokers quit because it expels the remaining nicotine in the body which always triggers the cravings for cigarettes and tobacco products.
- Exfoliate: Toxins are excreted through the skin and there can also be excess toxins in the skin too; a way to eliminate all these is to exfoliate the body at least once a week. 10 to 15% of toxins are eliminated through the skin and that is why it is sometimes called the third kidney.
This can be done by massaging the skin with oil; it can also be done by brushing the skin with a brush, this will peel off dead skin pores and dirt, it will also ensure quick elimination of toxins through the skin.