Detoxification Digestive Support
Spring is here and this is a perfect season for detoxification. We are faced with better weather and the entire system can be refreshed by cleaning all the toxins we naturally accumulated during the winter. We can recharge our body and end up feeling more energized on the long run, which is something that so many want.
For most people out there, the detox is not only a method to get rid of toxins. It is also really useful for weight loss and can help reduce inflammation and bloating. However, it is really important to remember the fact the detoxing does not mean not nourishing the body. This is something that is much more common than you may believe.
When referring to detox, many think about liver detoxification or the actual elimination process. The successful detox plan is all about the entire body. This includes the intestinal system since this is the most important part of our health, both emotional and physical.
We talked to various specialists and consulted the people behind a strong health blog in order to give you access to some really important tips to remember for your following detox plan:
- Eliminate all the foods that can cause food sensitivity. This will always include glutenous grains, dairy products, eggs, soy, corn and non gluten free oats. If you feel that you have a sensitivity to nuts or fish, do remove them too.
- Eliminate all the processed foods like alcohol, caffeine and sugar.
- Add leafy greens to your diet since they are really rich in B vitamins and chlorophyll. Do consume collard greens, dandelion greens, kale, swiss chard, mustard greens and something else that you may love.
- Always eat whole foods. Never rely on highly processed foods or fasting foods that are liquid online. When you eat whole foods, especially if they have high fiber content, you will be faced with various health benefits. Try to always choose organic foods, as much as possible, based on how much you can find.
- Besides the foods that will support your body, do include digestive enzymes in order to be sure that you obtain maximum nutrition from all that you consume.
- Functional foods are highly important in any detox. Examples that you do have to consider include traditionally fermented kimichi, water kefir, beet kvass, kombucha and live kraut.
- Always try to add a multi-strain, proper quality and high CFU (colony forming unit) probiotic because of the beneficial bacterial balance that is offered in the gut area. The probiotics can break down the body toxins and will help a lot during the detoxification.
Besides the nutrition plan that you set up, make sure that you also consider your spiritual or mental side. If you do take some time off for quiet walks, peaceful soaks, journaling, prayer or meditation, you will be able to actually increase the possibility that you will respect your detox plan.
Every single detoxification period should aim to help the body and the mind. If at any point in time you feel that you have to stop, do so! Detox plans are aimed to help you feel more energized.
If that does not happen, something is going wrong! It is not at all a bad idea to talk to a professional in the event that you do not actually know what to do and how to create proper detox plans.