Are you having a baby this Christmas, and you’re unsure what to name him or her? Here are the best Christmas baby names for that new family member.
For many of us, Christmas seems to arrive the next day after the previous one. Meaning every year, the season seems to pop up sooner than the last, but that’s one thing that makes it unique.
So, there’s so much in the minds of every person on the planet when it’s yuletide season. You need to get , repaint your home, get presents, plan trips, get the baking ingredients, and of course, lots of shopping has to be done.
With all the hustle and bustle of the season, thinking of the perfect baby name for your little darling may be a bit tricky. We are here to help make the process easier for you with this list of baby names for your particular little fellow.
The best baby names for the season may seem to be the most popular, but even the ones you’ve never heard before may come in handy when it’s time to name your baby. Are you ready to pick a name? Here’s the list.
Names related to the Nativity and the birth of Jesus:
- Balthasar, Balthazar— Believed to be one of the Magi
- Casper, Gaspard, Jasper—While the name doesn’t appear in the Bible; he is also said to be (here in several versions of the name) of one of the three wise men
- Christian, Christina, Christine
- Christopher, Christabel (girl) and Cristobal (boy)—Meaning Followers of Christ
- Emmanuel for a boy, Emmanuella or Emmanuelle, for a girl
- Epiphany- this has to do with the celebration after the visit of the wise men
- Estelle, Esther, Estella, Seren, Stella— Your Christmas baby is a star, and these names have meaning related to “star.”
- Eve— This may be the name of the first woman on earth, but it also stands for the night before Christ’s birthday
- Josepha, Joseph, Josephine—(other versions of the name are Giuseppe and Jozef)
- Yeshua— this is another of the name
- Mary, Maria —The mother of Jesus. Miriam is linked to the sister of Moses, but it is also etymologically related to the name Mary.
- Melchior— The is the name of the third king to visit Jesus
- Natalia, Natalie— A popular name derived from the word natal, which means “birth.” Natale is an Italian word for Christmas; thus the name Natasha or Natacha is an Eastern European nickname for Natalia
- North— Inspired by the guiding North Star?
- Theodore/a, Dorothy, Dorothea — “Gift of God”
- Virginia— You can already guess this is one of the many names that represents the Virgin Mary.
Names connoting light:
- Clara— This is also the name of the little girl in the Christmas story of The Nutcracker, who is referred to as Mary or Maria in some versions; her brother is named Fritz
- Eleanora, Eleanor, Lenora, Leonor, Nora
- Lucia, Lucius, Lucian, Lucy, Lux
- Angel, Angelica, Angela, Angelina, Angelika
- Gabriel— The Angel who revealed to Mary that she was pregnant with the messiah;
- Gabriella, Gabrielle
- Hermione— This name means the messenger.”
- Malachi— This is a Hebrew name that “My messenger” or “my angel.”
- Michael— One of the seven archangels, and a great choice if you have a loved one away in battle, as Michael is the patron saint of soldiers
- Serafina, Seraphine — This name is from the highest order of angels, called the seraphim, and also has a slightly ironic meaning “fiery.”
Names that recall the spirit of the season:
- Faith, Fidelity
- Felicia, Felicity, and Felix
- Gloria, Glory
Names that mean “dove,” the symbol of peace:
- Celyn—Welsh for “holly.”
Related to the Christmas season, as it is in the northern hemisphere:
- Bianca, Blanca—“White” in Italian, Spanish
- Blanche—French for “white.”
- Eira—Welsh for “snow.”
- Lumi—Finnish for “snow.”
- Neige—“Snow” in French
- Nevada—“Snow-capped” in Spanish
- Nieves—“Snow” in Spanish
- Yukiko, Yuki– Japanese, “happiness + snow,” and “happiness + snow + child”
Yule– Winter festival
- Bell, Belle
- Claus, Nicholas, Nicola, Nicole—For jolly old St. Nick
- Noel, Noelia, Noelle
Which of these is perfect for a girl?
- Angel/Angelica/Angelina – all names mean angel
- Avery – meaning ‘Christmas elf.’
- Carol or Carolle – from Christmas Carol
- December – the month of Christmas
- Eira – Welsh meaning ‘snow.’
- Grace – meaning effortless beauty
- Eve – meaning living
- Faith – from the word ‘faith.’
- Gloria – meaning glory
- Holly – from holly tree
- Mary – meaning star of the sea
- Ivy – named after the climbing plant
- Joy – meaning joy!
- Michaela – female version of the Angel
- Michael, the angel of love and families
- Natasha – meaning ‘Jesus’ birth.’
- Neva – Latin origin meaning ‘Snow.’
- Noelle/Noella – meaning ‘Christmas.’
- Star – representing the star followed to find Jesus
- Winter – like the season
Christmas baby boy names
- Alfredo – Christmas elf
- Balthazar – one of the three kings
- Casper – one of the three kings
- Celyn – meaning ‘holly.’
- Christian – meaning follower of Christ
Claus – meaning victorious people, but of course, reminds us of Santa Claus!
- Eldan/Elden – meaning ‘Christmas elf.’
- Eull – ‘Yule’
- Gabriel – from the Angel Gabriel
- Jasper – one of the three kings
- Jesus – meaning God will help
- Joseph – meaning ‘God shall add another.’
- Malachi/Malakai – God’s messenger
- Noel – ‘Christmas time,’ t can also
- mean ‘Angel.’
- Nicholas – meaning victory of the people
- Robin – (unisex) meaning bright fame
- Rudolph – like our favorite reindeer!
- Tannon – from the Christmas carol, ‘O
- Jamie – from the Christmas movie turbo man.
We wish you the very best if you are naming your little one this December. Some of the best gifts you can give to your newborn is a great name, so take your time and make the best choice. Picking from this list is a start. Happy Holidays!
Do not forget that we welcome your questions and comments, so feel free to share them with us in the comments section provided below.