Due to the hectic lifestyle that we follow and the unhealthy food habits that we have, nearly all of us suffer from some kind of back pain. No matter what the reason is, it can cause severe problems and might also turn out to be difficult to deal with, if left untreated for a long period of time. But there are very simple things following which will help you not only to prevent it, but also to keep your back healthy.
According to health care experts, prevention is always better than cure and this is why it’s important to follow these easy remedies.
How to reduce it?
Image Source: Lower Back Pain
There are many ways to treat lower back pain. Make sure you figure out the exact cause of the back pain that you are suffering from and then opt for the right mode of treatment. If needed, consider consulting a doctor who has specialized knowledge in treating chronic back pain. You can also opt for physiotherapy, if needed.
Helpful Techniques for back pain relief
- Rest and activity – Due to acute back pain, it often becomes difficult to lie down or stay asleep, which may gradually lead to insomnia. On the other hand, lack of sleep can make the pain even worse. This is why you need to address your sleep problems thoroughly. At the same time, you should also indulge in activities and exercises that help keep the muscles in your back and abs in a good condition.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is one of those treatments that treat back pain effectively. It helps increase the blood flow and release the tight muscles. In this mode of treatment, the therapist inserts some tiny needles into the affected area. This helps relieve pain naturally as well as ease fatigue and stress.
- Ice and heat therapy – Applying ice and opting for heat therapy have their respective benefits. While the cold therapy helps reduce inflammation and acts as a local anesthetic by slowing down the nerve impulse, the heat therapy stimulates the blood flow, which in turn helps bring the healing nutrients to the area that’s affected.
- Natural supplements – It’s an effective way to nourish your health with omega-3 oils, multivitamins, magnesium and vitamin C. You can also try taking natural substitute to medicine like turmeric, ginger, enzymes and cayenne as these help relieve pain.
- Massage – Massage is one of the best remedies to treat lower back pain, but only when done by an expert professional. It also helps improve sleep disorder and digestion problems.
- Yoga – Yoga is probably one of the most effective ways to cure chronic lower back pain. Two knee twist, supine hamstring stretch, sphinx/thread-the-needle/pigeon pose, and legs up the wall are some of the most effective yoga poses that help heal chronic back pain.
- Cold therapy – Although there are many medical options available, a simple cold pack or an ice pack might also prove to be very healthy and effective. It proves to be the most helpful if it can be applied soon after the injury occurs. It works best when combined with a good massage therapy.
- Meditation – Meditation or some kind of a prayer is an effective way to relax your mind. It helps relax the muscles of your body, thus decreasing the pain as well as headache.
- Homeopathy – Homeopathy is definitely an effective way, especially when it’s chronic pain. There are many homeopathic medicines taking which would help cure lower back pain. These include Bayta-carb, Thuja, Sabal serrulat, Carbonica and Caladium.
How Chinese Herbs Good Medicine for You?
Several health care experts say that if you have failed to get relief from back pain using conventional medical treatments or acupuncture, you can resort to Chinese herbs. Many Asian countries, including China, have been using herbal therapy for centuries to treat different diseases. Interestingly, such herbs are known to work even where conventional or other modes of treatment have either failed or not given adequate relief.
From headache, to stress, constipation and diarrhea, diabetes, menopause, insomnia, cold and flu, sinusitis and fatigue, Chinese herbs can act as natural substitutes to medicine.
If you step back in time, you will find China has a history of using herbs for good health. From Ji Kang who shaped the idea of health preservation in ancient China, to Sun Simiao – Tang Dynasty’s “King of Medicine” and Li Shizhen – Ming Dynasty’s renowned herbalist, China has been the frontrunner in using herbal medicines for good health for centuries. No wonder that herbal teas, soups and other medicines are widely used in the nation to treat back pain and other ailments.
So, are you ready to relieve back pain naturally with Chinese herbs?
Chen Zhang is a passionate adviser about everything related to health and fitness. He loves to share his knowledge about herbs, food, exercises and health related topics to stay fit and healthy.