Toxins found indoor can affect our health way more than we think as they can increase physical allergies, inflammation, asthma, cancer and especially respiratory diseases. The good news is that nature has provided us with natural defences against these toxins. House plants aren’t just decorations; they do more than just make your shelves more beautiful. House plants are effective in boosting your mood, minimise stress level, improves creativity and productivity. Indoor plants help to maintain the humidity level of your home, gives off fresh oxygen as it helps to filter the air and eradicate any form of pollution.
Now, who doesn’t want to have at least a plant in their house? The quality of the air indoor can be greatly improved by having a few plants in the house. Dry air inhaled indoor can cause some ailments such as sore throat, common cold, skin breakout and even respiratory issues. Houseplants help to maintain the level of humidity by the emission of water vapour during transpiration.
Below are some plants that you can easily have in your home to help with a better living condition:
– Aloe Vera: I’m sure you must have come across this plant at one point or another. Aloe Vera is considered “the plant of immortality or the immortal plant”.Despite the plant’s numerous medicinal properties, Aloe Vera is also used to cleanse the air you breathe in and also effective in boosting the oxygen levels.
– Jasmine: This beautiful plant gives off a very nice scent that helps to improve sleep, treat anxiety and depression. It is also used to improve alertness and boost mood.
– Lavender: Lavender is another plant that babies can even benefit from. It helps to calm babies and improves the quality of sleep. It also has to lower stress and anxiety.
– Snake plant: Snake plant is useful in combating irritations in the eyes, headaches and migraines, and respiratory issues. It is also known to help improve overall energy levels.
– Rosemary: Rosemary helps to boost memory as it fills the air with a very sweet smell.
– English Ivy: This plant has been known to reduce airborne impurities or molds by 95%. This helps to eliminate traces of infections, irritations or allergies in the lungs.
People who have at least one of these plants in their house have reported to inhaling fresher air and living happier lives. Plants help to keep our planet fresh and you can easily have them planted anywhere in your home. You could have them places by the window, your living room, or bedroom.
What plants do you have in your home and how have you been benefiting from them? Share with us in the comments. Thank you.