When it comes to drinks, there are too many options in the world, but there is no doubt that lemon water is one of the healthiest drink anyone can ever have. Lemon water is a fantastic source of essential vitamins minerals and some vital trace elements.
Here is a nutritional breakdown of this wonderful drink that is for one glass which would be half a lemon’s juice to one cup of water.
- Less than one gram of sugar
- Nine calories
- Folate: 1% of the RDI
- Potassium: 1% of the RDI
Lemon water might be low in sugar and calories, but it is super rich in other essential nutrients. Lemon water is also abundant in numerous beneficial substances as well as a plant-based compound known as flavonoids all of these act as antioxidants to help keep the immune system active and illness free.
Flavonoids help to boost the circulation of blood, improved conditions like insulin sensitivity and go a long way to help with a large number of metabolic diseases. Also, oxidative stress and damage can be reduced with flavonoid.
As you read further, we will be talking about 20 incredible health benefits you would enjoy if you start your morning with lemon water.
Lemon water provides the following health benefits
- Lemon water will help your liver to produce more enzymes and that to improve the function of your liver.
- Lemon water helps to fight off symptoms of cold like sore throat and tonsil inflammation because lemon has some anti-inflammatory qualities that are good for your body.
- Vitamin c is an essential vitamin that helps to nourish the skin and improve the immune system. Lemon is on fruit that contains vitamin c, and this makes lemon water a rich source of vitamin c.
- If you have been having problems with bowel movement, lemon water is a fantastic way to solve such a problem.
- Lemon water provides you with lots of hydrating electrolytes in the form of magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
- It relieves muscle and joint pains.
- Lemon water contains citric acid, and this acid interacts with different week enzymes in the human body to cause the secretion of gastric acid which in turn will aid digestion.
- Lemon water can serve as a detox by helping the liver get rid of harmful toxins in the body.
- Lemon water can help prevent malignant diseases as it alkalizes the body.
- Lemon water is also healthy for pregnant women because it contains vitamin C. Vitamin is has an adaptogen which is vital for pregnant women as it prevents or fights off viruses and helps the unborn baby build strong and healthy bones.
- Lemon water is strong enough to help dissolve kidney stones, calcium deposits, pancreatic stones, and gallstones.
- Starting every morning with a glass of lemon water will protect your immune system and prevent attacks from free radicals.
- Did you know that lemon water has mental health benefits? The high potassium content of lemon water makes it a great tool in the treatment of anxiety and depression. In other words, drinking a glass of lemon water every morning can put you in a better mood all day long.
- The high pectin content of lemon water is what makes it great for weight loss because it prevents food craving. The fewer carbs and fat you consume, the easier it is for you to shed a few pounds.
- Lemon water helps to neutralise acidity in the body and also serves as a treatment for heartburns.
- Lemon water cleanses the blood and arteries, and that will help you stay healthy and free of blood-related diseases.
- The consumption of lemon water can help to lower high blood pressure levels
- Lemon water helps to alleviate gout pains and also dilutes excess uric acid.
- One significant health benefit of starting every day with lemon water is that it alkalises the body and cancer cannot thrive in an environment like that.
- Oral health is also one aspect that benefits greatly when you drink lemon water every morning. Lemon water does a fantastic job at preventing gingivitis and easing toothache.
Now that you know these amazing qualities that lemon water possesses, what is your excuse for not making yourself a rich jugs of this drink? Leave us a comment if you have tried lemon juice.
Articles on healthtian.com are for educational purpose ONLY.